are a delicious fruit that tastes similar to a grape with more
texture. It pairs well with the flavors of mango and
passionfruit. In this recipe it is used in a rich orange glaze.
This recipe is for one serving but you can increase the
ingredients for two or more. If you start cooking the salmon
right before you mix the chutney glaze ingredients together this
dish will be one that is quick to prepare.
1 Salmon filet
teaspoon mango chutney
teaspoon orange zest
of 1 orange
tablespoons passion fruit juice
low-salt soy sauce
teaspoon tapioca ground in a mortar with pestle
fleur de sel
ground Tellicherry peppercorns
1. Fry the
salmon in butter over medium heat in a nonstick frying pan.
2. Stir the mango chutney, orange zest, orange juice,
soy sauce, cabernet, tapioca, fleur de sel and pepper in a
3. When the salmon is fully cooked remove it from the pan and
on a serving plate.
4. Add the shallots to the frying pan and cook just until
5. Pour the prepared glaze ingredients into the pan and step
will produce a lot of steam.
6. When the sauce is simmering, stir frequently until the sauce
into a glaze. This should take a few minutes.
7. Pour the glaze over the salmon and serve with vegetables or