These tasty miniature quiches are perfect for
breakfast in bed. Quiches retain heat so cool them for 5 minutes
before serving. These also freeze well and can be reheated in
the microwave just before serving.
12 slices old-fashioned white bread
tablespoons butter, melted
1 (14.5 to 15-ounce) can asparagus, drained and
cut into smaller pieces
shredded medium Cheddar cheese
teaspoon ground nutmeg
teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚. Set out a
12-cup muffin tin.
2. Stack 4 slices of bread at a time and use a sharp knife
trim the crusts.
Repeat with remaining slices. Using a pastry brush,
butter one side of the trimmed slices. As you butter the slices
press the bread,
buttered side down, into the muffin cups.
3. Once all the slices are in the muffin tin,
brush again with butter.
Top each bread
cup with asparagus and then sprinkle with cheese.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, salt, nutmeg and
smooth. Pour or ladle the egg mixture into the
5. Bake for 25–35 minutes or until the egg mixture is
12 little quiches