Loin Rib Roast
succulent pork roast will cook in one hour and may be presented elegantly. Fresh
garlic, caraway seeds, thyme and paprika enhance pork and should be rubbed into
1 (2 to 3 pound) pork loin rib roast with at least 4 ribs
1 garlic clove, crushed in a garlic press
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon caraway seeds, crushed
2 teaspoons dried parsley
½ teaspoon dried thyme
⅛ teaspoon sweet paprika
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350
2. Grind the garlic, garlic salt, caraway seeds, parsley, thyme,
paprika and pepper in a mortar with a pestle.
3. Rub spices onto the roast. Place in 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass
baking dish, cover and refrigerate 24 hours.
4. Place the roast on a 13-inch oven-proof nonstick griddle.
Drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven for 1 hour.
5. Check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer,
which should read at least 150° or above. Set the roasting
pan on a burner and set the heat on medium.
6. Cut ribs apart with a sharp knife and lay the chops on griddle.
Turn and move them around to brown a little on each side.
Makes 4 servings