Turkey Breast and
is an herb which originated around the Mediterranean Sea. Once it was known as
the symbol of courage and has been used in nourishing dishes for hundreds of
Herbed Turkey Breast
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 turkey breast
¼ teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon sage leaves
¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
¼ teaspoon fresh thyme
¼ teaspoon seasoning salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground Tellicherry peppercorns
⅛ teaspoon poultry seasoning
¼ cup water
½ cup sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon minced dried onions
½ cup whole milk
Freshly ground Tellicherry peppercorns
Dash poultry seasoning
Preheat the oven to 250
2. Place the turkey breast in a 3-quart casserole.
3. Use a pastry brush to coat the turkey breast with oil.
4. Crush the basil, sage, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and
poultry seasoning in a mortar with a pestle. Sprinkle over
the turkey breast and bake for 1 ½ hours.
5. Set turkey on a plate. Make the gravy by adding the water
to the casserole dish. Whisk to get all the tasty bits loose.
Set aside to be used in gravy.
6. In a 10-inch frying pan, sauté mushrooms in butter. Add the
flour and dried onion. Whisk in the milk and reserved
casserole juices. Whisk until the gravy has thickened.
7. Season with salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
Hint: Serve with rice and vegetables.
Makes 4 servings