Curried Chicken Casserole
save time use precooked chicken breast. You can usually find it
on the refrigerated isle along with deli meats and cheese.
2 (6-ounce) packages oven roasted carved chicken breasts
1 large head broccoli, use tops only
1 cup sliced mushrooms
½ cup chopped yellow onion
¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken with herbs soup
½ cup fat-free milk
2 teaspoons curry powder
¼ teaspoon freshly ground Tellicherry peppercorns
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups French Fried Onions
1. In a 5-quart sauté pan filled with boiling
water, cook the broccoli for 10-15
2. Add the mushrooms, onion and parsley and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
Drain and place in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Add the chicken, cut up
into cubes. This is easily done with a scissors.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°.
4. In a large bowl, blend together the celery
soup, cream of chicken soup, milk,
curry powder, pepper, garlic salt, paprika and lemon juice.
5. Pour the curry sauce over chicken and
vegetables. Stir just until well blended.
6. Bake for 30 minutes then top with cheese
and French fried onions and bake an
additional 10 minutes.