is a new take on the beloved Southern Fried Chicken. You may want to serve
crispy chicken with anise carrots, string beans and herbed chicken stuffing.
Assorted chicken pieces may also be used in place of the chicken-breast halves.
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (2 pounds)
2 teaspoons chicken base
½ teaspoon freshly ground four peppercorn blend
¼ teaspoon mild curry powder
½ cup dried bread crumbs
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon dried parsley
¼ cup butter, melted
1 large egg yolk
the oven to 350°.
2. Rinse chicken in cold salted water, pat dry.
Pound with a meat mallet to flatten.
3. Place chicken in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish.
4. In a small bowl, mix the chicken base, pepper, curry powder,
dried bread crumbs, all-purpose flour, paprika, garlic salt,
poultry seasoning, dried parsley and melted butter until
crumbly. In a smaller bowl, beat the egg yolk and brush onto
the chicken with a pastry brush.
5. Sprinkle seasoned bread crumbs over chicken.
6. Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer
Hint: Serve with string beans or Creamy Spinach.
Makes 4 servings