If you want to save time you can substitute
packaged cooked chicken breast, however the chicken cooks pretty fast in boiling
water. My maternal grandmother used to make this recipe when I lived at her
house for a few years. I use fresh broccoli but you may want to use frozen.
While you are baking the casserole you can put rice on to cook. This is
delicious served with basmati rice.
20 ounces fresh broccoli spears
4 chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can 98% fat free chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise
6 slices cheddar cheese or shredded cheese
½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon organic butter, melted
1. Place two pots of water on the stove. Cook
the broccoli in one pot and the
chicken in another. Cook until chicken is done and broccoli is tender.
the broccoli and chicken into bite-sized pieces, then place in a 13 x 9 x 2-
inch glass baking dish.
3. Stir together cream of chicken soup and mayonnaise. Pour this
mixture over the chicken and broccoli.
4. Cover casserole with cheddar cheese.
5. Mix the breadcrumbs and butter together and sprinkle over cheese.
6. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.