scent of warm honey will drift from your kitchen when you bake these tasty
molasses-sweetened muffins. These muffins are also a source of vitamin A, zinc,
iron and folic acid. Bran Muffins freeze well and may be thawed in the
2 cups Nabisco® 100% Bran
1 ½ cups fat-free milk
1 ½ cups low-fat buttermilk
2 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup canola oil
½ cup mild molasses
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 ½ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon apple pie spice
Preheat the oven to 400
2. Set out two 12-cup nonstick muffin tins.
3. Measure cereal into an extra large bowl. Heat the milk in a
1-quart saucepan, then pour it over the bran. Stir with a
wooden spoon so the bran can start to absorb the milk.
4. Stir in the buttermilk, eggs, sugar, oil and molasses until well
blended. The mixture will be lumpy.
5. Measure flour, soda, salt and apple pie spice on top of bran
mixture and then stir in thoroughly.
6. Using a wooden spoon and a large soup ladle, fill muffin cups
¾ full. Bake in a preheated oven 15-17 minutes or until tops
bounce back when lightly pressed.
7. To remove muffins easily, slide a small heat-resistant rubber
spatula around each muffin and lift out.
Makes 24 muffins